Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The first of many...perhaps


Baby Roya is here to guide me in figuring out what type of blog baby I'm having. Roya #1 says it should be one the upsets and confuses people. #2 wants a satirical blog but I think #4 is already bored at the thought of reading another blog. #8 is quite fascinated while #9 is getting ready to L-O-L. In the meantime, I suppose I'll stick to what I know best...poetry. I think this upsets Roya #10.

The first leaf only falls once

Ever since
we walked across the endless field
emerald needles tickling my toe

I stopped
inside maple tree shade
to watch the dying grass grow

I whispered
“The first falling leaf…”
but you were past gone

Gliding
my eyes sway with the leaf
dancing in the wind’s song

Wishing
you heard the grass hug
the leaf in a cautious embrace

Knowing
ever since the day you left
I lost the memory of your face

1 comment:

  1. if i were in this poem i would have said "i love you donkey pants"
    ; )

    ReplyDelete